-Egypt amidst revolution: Mohamed ElBaradei, is now back in Cairo and plans to join the massive displays of anti-government unrest expected to occur on Friday.
-On Thursday, thousands of people demonstrated against Yemen’s longtime president, Ali Abdullah Saleh, and demanded the same changes which had forced Tunisia’s president from office earlier this month.
-A wave of bombings left 51 people dead and more than 120 wounded in Baghdad this past Thursday.
-Colombian rebels say they are ready to start releasing hostages.
-Los Angeles detectives were assigned to the Grim Sleeper serial killer case. The homicide cases are suspected to be the work of Lonnie Franklin Jr.
-Mark Steven Phillips, who was accused of drug and racketeering charges in 1979 and has eluded arrest in many different countries, was arrested Thursday at a Florida senior living community.
- President Obama’s speech called for more investment in education, clean energy and a freeze in spending during his State of the Union address.
-Compared to other countries, Americans lag behind other industrialized countries such as Australia, Canada, Japan and France, in life expectancy.
- FDA warns that breast implants may cause rare form of cancer.
- According to a recently performed study, women who smoke have an increased risk of developing breast cancer, particularly those who began smoking at an early age.
- Charlie Sheen was rushed to a hospital Thursday.
- Snooki regrets sleeping with co-star Vinny.
-Chelsea Handler dumped 50 cent; reportedly breaking the rappers heart.
-Mike Tyson and wife welcome baby boy.
-Oprah Winfrey reveals she has a half-sister.